The Braves ended their 4-game losing streak by beating the Nationals 3-2 last night. Dating back to last year, the Braves have won 9 games in a row against the Nats. The win puts the Braves 3.5 games ahead of the Nationals in the NL East.
- Julio Teheran was not dominant as he gave up 2 runs on 10 hits but solid defense and timely strikeouts were able to get him out of jams where the damage could have been worse
- The bullpen was fantastic with Walden, O’Flaherty, and Kimbrel combining for 3.2 innings, 0 runs and 6 strikeouts.
- Best Day at the Plate: Jordan Schafer went 1 for 1 with three walks,two stolen bases, and a run scored. He provided what the Braves have been lacking from the leadoff spot so far this season.
- Worst Day at the Plate: Chris Johnson went 0 for 4 with 3 strike outs
- The Braves batters struck out 11 times last night. That is 5 games in a row that the Braves have reached the 10 K mark.
The Braves will have Tim Hudson on the mound tonight going against Gio Gonzalez. Let’s hope the Braves can keep up their success against the Nationals.
Best Braves hitter against Gio Gonzalez: Andrelton Simmons is 2 for 6 against Gonzalez with a double, a homer, and 3 walks
Worst Braves hitter against Gio Gonzalez: B.J. Upton is only 2 for 14 against Gio with 4 strike outs.